Friday, March 25, 2011

Duke Out...Butler Continues





It was not much longer than a year ago when the powerhouse Duke beat the little underdog Butler for the 2010 NCAA National Championship. Last night’s games were able to act as almost a flashback to that April night a year ago. I found myself in the same frame of mind as if I were back in Indy watching Duke play Butler.



I have to admit, I’ve never been a fan of either team. Duke just reminds me of a bunch of over privileged frat boys, and Butler has always been an after though when it comes to basketball in Indiana. Last season changed everything, well not in Duke’s case, but Butler sure has won over a lot of fans in the Hoosier state.



Although Duke and Butler were not playing each other last night, both games were on at the same time. I kept flipping back to one game, and then back to the other. There were times I was stuck between stations, caught in a commercial haze, wondering if it was all real. Does Butler really have a chance to pull off another upset? Is Duke really done?



I was at the game last year, and after Butler lost there was calm over the crowd. It felt as if Duke had a strangle hold over Indianapolis. Well last night the strangle hold was lifted. Butler is alive and kicking, and well Duke, you lost to a 5 seed.

I really hope that guy saw last night's game.

2 comments:

  1. Usually I keep up with the NCAA, but this year I've been stuck in my books. This is the first I've heard of the upset -- INSANE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your stance on Duke.

    ReplyDelete